Jock itch is the medical term used for the fungal infections affecting moist parts of our body; for instance the inner thighs, groins and buttocks. Remedies for jock itch include use of herbs, over the counter medications and some home remedies. Below, we have discussed the most effective jock itch remedies:
- OTC antifungal medications containing drugs like terbinafine, clotrimazole and miconazole can effectively treat jock itch. Ask the pharmacist about medications that are particularly meant for treating jock itch. While applying the medications, you must read the instructions written in the medicine pack well and follow them accurately. If you have any confusion, you can consult your physician to get them cleared.
- Before applying the medications to the affected body parts, wash those areas using water and soap and dry them well using a clean piece of cloth or towel. Don’t rub the affected regions with the towel; gently pat them. You can also use your blow dryer for drying the region completely.
- The above mentioned remedies for jock itch will show little result if you don’t follow regular hygiene. Bath daily; change clothing after performing any strenuous activity (this will ensure that you body stay free from sweat); wash your clothes, undergarments and towels everyday using hot water.
- Apple cider vinegar is known to be an excellent remedy for jock itch. This ingredient possesses powerful antifungal properties. Applying apple cider vinegar is body parts with jock itch will offer your significant relief from the irritation and soon you will find the infection subsiding. Similar benefits are also offered by tea tree essential oil. Tea tree oil or apple cider vinegar should be applied two times every day; this should be continued for a minimum of 5 days to get rid of the infection completely.
- A person with jock itch must change his dietary habits. He should stay away from food items containing too much sugar and limit his daily grain intake.