Ayurveda adheres to the adage ‘prevention is better than cure’ in case of stretch marks. If you take good care of your skin, stretch marks, especially those related to pregnancy can be prevented. Even if you already have stretch marks, they can go away with regular Ayurvedic treatment.
Stretch marks can occur due to a lot of causes- pregnancy, childbirth, obesity, dieting, body building, puberty etc. However, stretch marks due to pregnancy and childbirth are among the most common grievances.
Dry skin is considered more prone to stretch marks because it has less elasticity. Therefore hydrating your skin is essential for preventing stretch mark. Ayurveda also prescribes a good nutrition for the treatment stretch marks.
You can prevent stretch marks during and after pregnancy using Ayurvedic certain solutions, these include:
- Vetiver or Khus: It has the ability to regenerate skin. This cosmetic drug is therefore used to prevent stretch marks. It is also used to prevent aging of skin and to increase the size of breasts.
- Indian Margosa or Neem: Neem is used not only to prevent stretch marks but also for the itches related to them.
- Indian Madder or Manjishta: It is used for different types of skin ailments including scarring, stretch marks and skin ulcer.
- Sandalwood or Chandan: It has traditionally been used in India for a better skin quality. Chandan checks the stretch marks and cools your skin.
- Almond or Badam: Badam is a good source of Vitamin E, which is good for your skin. Badam oil or cream is applied over stretch marks.
- Aloe Vera: Considered good for your skin, Aloe Vera is now used even in cosmetics because of its curative properties.
- Holy Basil or Tulsi: Tulsi has numerous medicinal properties. Ayurveda also uses it against stretch marks.
With proper application of the above Ayurvedic solutions, you can confidently bid farewell to the nightmare of stretch marks.